BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Aug 15, 2012

Jamie Cullum's Radio Show




As you may know from previous posts I'm a big fan of BBC Radio 1. I love The Chart with Reggie Yates and hearing great DJs and new dance music on Annie Mac's show. However, I have to say I never knew there were BBC stations beyond Radio 1 because I always used my bookmark link. Today for whatever reason I clicked on BBC Music at the top of the Radio 1 page and found there are several other music stations out there including Radio 1xtra, Radio 2, 3, and 6. Of course I had to explore a bit and I found some really cool stuff, including the fact that one of my favorite jazz artists, Jamie Cullum, has his own show.

Every Tuesday at 7 PM, 11 AM PT, Cullum brings a cool mix of classic jazz favorites  (Duke Ellington) and new pieces, which this week included a cover of "Dancing In The Dark" by the Part-Time Heroes. The cool thing about all the BBC Radio shows is that you can listen to the last program for up to a week, which is great for us friends across the pond. Enjoy!

Here's a link to Cullum's show and you can access all BBC Music via the Radio link at the top.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lsv1z

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tammy!

Nice post! Great to hear you have been enjoying Jamie's radio show!

Tammy Good said...

Thanks Jamie Cullum Fans for the comment. I've been a fan of Jamie's since he played the Playboy Jazz Festivel in Los Angeles a few years ago. A few of my friends liked my blog post on Facebook so looks like he'll pick up a few more listeners. Thanks again and take care!